- Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing
- BA, Legal Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison. I intended to attend law school but found that I preferred extensive studying and writing–and now the study of writing–to practicing law.
- Universal Class, Inc., an approved IACET provider, online copyediting courses
- Self-study. I absorb everything I can get my hands on pertaining to writing and copyediting. My favorites are The Glamour of Grammar by Roy Peter Clark, Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing by Mignon Fogarty, The Grammar Bible by Michael Strumpf and Auriel Douglas, The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman, The Subversive Copy Editor by Carol Fisher Salle, The Copyeditor’s Handbook by Amy Einsohn, and not a day goes by without my reading The Grammar Devotional, also by Mignon Fogarty.
- Greg Alan, In the Beginning
- Scott Lesnick, Kidjacked: A Father’s Story
- Brian E. Forschner, Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders
- Janet Kay, Amelia 1868
- Martha Roddy, Just Along for the Ride: The Amazing Journey of William Baine Roddy
- Lori Myles-Carullo, Beauty’s Way: Inspiration on the Path of Awakening
- Dick Vander Woude, Tacking into the Wind
- Ed Abell, award-winning My Father’s Keep
- Burr B. Anderson, High Seas Darkness
- Dr. Jeff Clements, Aphelion
- James Weber, A Soccer Ball and Some Faith
- Kimberly Van Sickle, Placement
- Mary M. Hendricks, The Keepers: An Alphabet Story
- Carol McBride, HR, Where’s Your Freaking Sense of Humor?
- Tracey Gemmell, Dunster’s Calling
- Iman Houston Farrior, Fore-Play: A Woman’s Golf Guide to Finding Love in the Rough
- Robert Meyer, Writer and Speaker
- Rena Beyer, Grant Specialist U.S.A., LLC
- WestBow Press, a division of Thomas Nelson, Inc.
- Balboa Press, a division of Hay House, Inc.
- CrossBooks, a division of LifeWay
- Inspiring Voices, a service of Guideposts
- AuthorHouse, a brand and book publishing company of Author Solutions, LLC
- Abbott Press, a division of Writer’s Digest
- Lulu Publishing Services
- Archway Publishing from Simon & Schuster
- Life Rich Publishing, an imprint of The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
- Executive assistant in banking and real estate management. Generated and copyedited correspondence, promotional materials, loan documentation, monthly director reports, annual shareholder reports, daily rental reports, and investor prospectuses.
- Involved in writers’ critique groups. Being on both sides of the feedback equation myself gives me the ability to relate to you as a fellow writer as well as the ability to draw upon my copyediting expertise to help make your writing stronger.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- National Association of Independent Writers and Editors
- American Copy Editors Society (ACES)
- Copyediting Listserv (CE-L)
- The Christian PEN: Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Wisconsin Writers Association